Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Newfound Homey - Mr. Gnomey

So on Tuesday I finally got to go to the wood working workshop. And guess what I made... a little gnome I've named Mr. Gnomey. While his name may be up for reconsideration at a later date, Mr. Gnomey is super cute so far. I first used a scroll saw to first cut his body out of wood. Then I used many sanding types of devices to smooth out his lumps. After curing him of cancerous tumors, I used a special tool to carve out the outlines of his mustache, nose, hat, suspenders, and pants. Lastly I drilled two holes as his eyes with a power drill. Mr. Gnomey is on his way to becoming the Brad Pitt of all gnomes. He's not finished yet though. Only one side of him is just about done. I plan on going to the workshop again Friday to finish him off. Laurus, the nice man running the workshop, said he would bring in some more tools from his home, that would allow me to add more detail to Mr. Gnomey. I cant wait!

Oh Mr. Gnomey, perhaps you are my one and only. Haha lets hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment